Manufacturing Assembly Manager
Columbus McKinnon Corp. is a leading worldwide designer, manufacturer, and marketer of material handling systems and services, which efficiently and ergonomically move, lift, position, or secure material. Key products include hoists, actuators, cranes, and lifting and rigging tools.
Because of continued growth, we are looking for an experienced Manufacturing Assembly Manager to join our world-class at our state-of-the-art facility in Damascus, VA.
Some of the benefits of this exceptional opportunity are:
- Stability – Columbus McKinnon Corp. has a rich 135-year tradition and is focused on commercial and industrial applications that require the safety and quality provided by its superior design and know-how. You will be working side by side with world-class engineers, researchers and industry experts on cutting edge material handling systems. This is a chance to join a company that has a mission to be “The global leader in providing products and applications knowledge to help customers lift, position or secure materials easily and safely”.
- Career Growth – You benefit from being part of a respected and well established company. Columbus McKinnon Corp.’s products services are known for their quality and are available worldwide. With current projects in South America, Europe and China, they are looking to further expand their international presence.
- Compensation - Columbus McKinnon Corp. offers competitive compensation and benefits including medical, dental, vision and a robust 401K. They will offer relocation assistance as well for the right person.
SUMMARY: The Manufacturing Assembly Manager directs and coordinates activities associated with assembly and shipment of company products by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Ensures a safe and productive work environment for all employees in assembly and shipping.
- Sustains and continually improves the Quality Management System.
- Revises production schedules and priorities in a dynamic environment, responding to material availability, work flow issues, personnel challenges, and equipment reliability.
- Sustains and continually improves the CMCO Lean Business System. Maintains Value Stream Map and leads actions to address the largest opportunities.
- Plans and directs production activities and establishes production priorities for products in keeping with effective operations, high quality, on time delivery, and lowest possible cost.
- Develops the departmental budget HC, hours worked, OT, and expenses and implements cost controls to meet or exceed the targets. Ensures the Key Process Indicators that relate to obtaining the goals are in place, have targets, and are met.
- Coordinates production activities with procurement, maintenance, and quality control activities to obtain optimum production and utilization of human resources, machines, and equipment.
- Compiles, stores, and retrieves production data. Reviews and analyzes production, maintenance, and operational information to determine causes of operating or production problems and uses to implement solutions.
- Ensures production transactions and material movement is completed to ensure transaction integrity, timeliness, and inventory accuracy.
- Consults with engineering personnel relative to modification of machines and equipment in order to improve production and quality of products.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
To be considered for the exceptional career opportunity you must have at least the following:
- 4 year degree
- 5 or more years related experience in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of assembly and manufacturing operations and techniques
- Working knowledge of continuous improvement tools and lean manufacturing
Click Here to Apply: http://www.workrocket.com/JOB_NEW/index.php?post_id=2011&p=1
Columbus McKinnon Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual's race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
For Companies - Workrocket.com offers a value added service that meets the needs of filling positions that are important to your organization, yet are not at a level that the use of a search firm is needed or justified. Workrocket.com offers you a unique selection of services that range from a simple posting to cost effective value added services such as direct email campaigns to targeted candidates, name and resume sourcing, and pre-screening/pre-qualifying of candidates. All of our services are designed with you in mind.
For Job Seekers - Workrocket.com provides a fast and effective way to connect with great jobs. We work with a wide range of companies that offer excellent career opportunities. The industries we serve range from heavy construction equipment, HVAC, and manufacturing to medical and surgical equipment, accounting, finance and insurance just to name a few. Connecting Job seekers with great jobs is what we do.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers