Quality Engineer (Duffield)
Tempur Sealy International
The Quality Engineer is critical in the enhanced use of analytical tools to improve the quality and reliability of our products while reducing costs. The position is an essential element to support the Operation Team’s involvement in new product development, design validation, and process validation. Additionally, this position is intended to drive problem solving initiatives at the direct material suppliers to improve incoming quality performance.
Other primary duties and responsibilities include the following; however, Management reserves the right to assign or reassign other appropriate duties to this job at any time. This document excludes the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties.
- Application of analytical tools to drive improvement in foam quality and continually achieve variation reduction
- Analyze foam physical property validation data, and champion improvement initiatives
- Coordinate mattress laminate/core testing program
- Track, Report, and drive improvement in direct material supplier Parts Per Million defective
- Perform corrective action verification at supplier(s) location for significant supplier issues to assure prevention of recurring issues.
- Perform Internal scrap cost analysis and drive scrap cost reduction
- Facilitate best practices benchmarking between TPVA and TPNM
- Participate in New product/process development, qualification, and establishment of “Safe Launch” Plans
- Champion initiatives to assure quality systems comply with internal/external requirements and serve as QS9000 internal auditor
To perform this job successfully, the employee must be capable of performing each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements herein are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or other related field is preferred.
- Experience and strong knowledge of quality methods and systems (reliability, statistics, auditing and sampling)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a quality department within a manufacturing organization.
- Experience with lean manufacturing required, with 5S and Six Sigma preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of PC usage required to include using the Microsoft Office Suite.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties, responsibilities, and key results of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties, responsibilities, and key results outlined herein.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts.
- The noise level in the work environment is normally moderate.
- Safety shoes, glasses, and gloves are required. Depending on the task at hand, wearing of additional Personal Protective Equipment may be required.
About Tempur Sealy International:
Tempur Sealy International, Inc. is the world's largest bedding provider. The company develops, manufactures and markets mattresses, adjustable bases, pillows and other sleep and relaxation products. Combining a proud history and groundbreaking innovation, the company holds some of the most highly recognized brands in the industry: Tempur®, Tempur-Pedic®, Sealy®, Sealy Posturepedic®, OptimumTM, and Stearns & Foster®.
Click here to apply: http://eb8a33e0.bxjob1.com/5009797c
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers