Tons of gear-some unique. Guitars, Amps, Drums, Recording, Sitar - $1 (Blacksburg)
1. Fender Strat - This is a Mexican Fender strat. It has been converted to right-handed, with a new nut, high quality floating point bridge with steel block (stays in tune), the pickups and wiring are from an American std. Great playing, great sounding. Excellent condition. $200 -- cheap considering all the upgrades.
2. Rajah Zeetar electric sitar -- this is the only true electric sitar, as in a real sitar proper pickups. Mid 60's. The pickups are DeArmonds which are configured for stereo (or mono only). One for one half of the drone strings, one for one half of the main strings, or all together if you choose. You can get super cool effects with two amps. It's also loud enough to be played acoustically. It will need some work--new strings and a few new pegs (some of the current ones are worn down and don't hold tune very well--easy to find, they're standard sized sitar pegs). Asking $250. These regularly go for 5-600 when they pop up--the pickups alone are worth more than what I'm asking. Fun fact: used by "The Who."
3. Standel MC2G Reverb/Tremolo unit-- It's a preamp, reverb, and tremolo in a standalone head-sized package. It has a 2 foot long reverb tank, and the reverb is long, deep, and lush. The tremolo knob needs replaced, so the tremolo is currently intermittent. The preamp can also be driven into a fuzzy mess, which works very well with the reverb for 60's psychedelic tones. Also has a line level output for use in the studio. Absolute craziness on snare drum and vocals if you're into recording.$175.
3. Crate Blue Voodoo 50 -- This is a 50 watt version of a Crate Blue Voodoo. Great fender-y cleans, with a heavy drive if you want it. Great reverb too. This will also need work -- the volume gradually started dropping, now it's extremely faint. May just need new tubes, or something simple. $100 or best offer.
4. Sabian Hand Hammered 21" Rock Ride -- Not just good for rock! Versatile, pingy, complex. Great condition--no cracks or keyholing. Played very little. $100. Killer deal here.
5. M-Audio AV-40 studio monitors -- Sound great. Excellent condition. Comes with all the proper cabling. $60 dollars.
6. Misc guitar/bass parts:
a. Les Paul copy body. Standard size. Sanded down on the front, wine red on the back. Comes with switch and bridge mounts. $15
b. 60's Teisco body. Comes with screaming, outrageously hot pickups. Very cool. Trem works well. $25
c. Two Les Paul necks. One with binding and inlays. Both straight. $10 for the plain neck, $15 for bound/inlaid neck.
d. Mexican Fender Jazz Bass neck. Somewhat warped, but probably fixable. $30 dollars.
7. 2 Yamaha GC2020 compressors. Solid, garden variety compressors with gate and sidechain. All caps in the audio paths have been replaced with new high quality ones. $40 each or 70 for both.
8. Roberts 1630 tube reel to reel. Needs new tubes, but the amp would make a cool guitar amp or recording preamp. $30.
8a- Tons of reel to reel tapes. 1/4in of various reel sizes/lengths. Some blank, some unopened, many recorded on. Probably near 100 tapes. $20.
9. Handmade mixer and equalizers. These were built by some electrical engineering professor at Virginia Tech way back in the day. Solid state, but high quality parts. They work, but not all functions seem to be connected. Would make a cool summing mixer or project. $75 each or 120 for both.
10. Krohn Hite Bandpass Filter -- no clue if it works or not. Can be used for interesting effects. Tube--full of old high quality 12ax7 and 12at7s. $25 dollars.
11. Uni-Sync Trouper mixer -- 70's mixer with built in spring reverb. Cool crunchy tone from the preamp and EQ. Great for motown sounding drums. Spring reverb is nasty in a good way. Comes with custom wooden enclosure/rack. $30.
12. Terrible Peavey Unity 1000 mixer. 12 channels, busted to hell--missing jacks. Works though. $10 or free with purchase.
13. Maestro Echoplex tape echo -- Excellent condition. Recently serviced--comes with spare belts. I don't want to sell this, but I will trade it for a Roland Space Echo only.
Only willing to trade for recording gear, old stuff especially. Also, I'll cut you a great deal if you get multiple items.
- do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers