Re: Time to go
This strange (and non-existant) alleged alliance was merely the first weave in a complete tapestry of carefully calculated lies about Iraq in particular that would follow through the rest of the year-- a masterpiece of propaganda work designed to do nothing other than foment a war to show that America! was ready to really finish the furtive little war that Bush Senior wisely kept limited.
You would remember these themes pushed by BushCo, which upon further evidence it is clear they absolutely knew all along they were complete lies.
* Iraq was somehow involved with 9/11. That lie was rather transparent since they would never say EXACTLY how, because there was no such connection, because Bush was LYING. But a lot of double-speak was used which convinced "low information voters" that Saddam was jumping and high-fiving Osama as the attack went down.
* Iraq was in some close alliance or cooperative arrangement with Al-Qaida. That is absurd on the face of it. Saddam ran a tight ship for himself in Iraq, in particular it was strictly a SECULAR ruthless dictatorship-- by necessity since he was a member of a minority religion there. With religion working against him, fundamentalist agitators such as Al-Qaida were definitely NOT welcome. (Of course they readily moved in AFTER Saddam was taken down)
* Iraq posessed a large cache of chemical and biological weapons, and an advanced nuclear weapons program. This was despite the fact that UN inspectors who had been to Iraq recently to look were unable to find any of those things. Turns out, the simplest explanation was indeed true-- there were none there.
* Iraq had procured special aluminum tubes and a large quantity of "yellowcake" uranium for their alleged nuclear program. "Iraq is within six months of developing a [nuclear] weapon". "The 'smoking gun' could come in the form of a mushroom cloud!" The truth was that Iraq had done NO significant work toward building a nuclear weapon.
This whole calculated evil travesty of lying to the people ended up costing America thousands of lives and trillions of dollars. Nothing that Obama has done yet is even remotely close.
- do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers