Web Server Administrator
contract job part-time
All interested candidates must provide their resume and their desired hourly rate. Any correspondence from any candidate that does not contain the required information will not be considered or read.
Our ideal candidate will be responsible for the installation, configuration, testing, management, monitoring and support of our web server hosting infrastructure. In addition, they will be comfortable analyzing, diagnosing, troubleshooting, and resolving server and software problems in order to solve an array of possible issues, from simple server configuration errors to application performance issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performing system configurations, load application software such as databases and middleware applications
- Resolving problems experienced with hardware, network, operating systems and applications, including database, DNS and FTP.
- Patching OS & application software.
- Maintaining PCI compliance and security updates.
- Providing software and firmware system upgrades for various platforms.
- Creating optimal server infrastructure in support of new applications by researching and recommending hardware/software technologies in support of application requirements.
- Assisting in designing, planning and implementing new technology initiatives.
- Performing web hosting site setups and/or site and data migrations from server to server.
- Managing weekly or monthly workflows such as server patching and backups.
- Providing responsive communication on progress to project members and management.
- Providing Help Desk support to project members and staff.
- Solid organizational and prioritizing skills
- Capable of working with limited supervision, and leading other team members
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including technical documentation
- Team player, customer service driven
- Ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical users
Firm background with the following server environments:
MS SQL 2005 and 2008
Knowledge of computer programming language environments such as ColdFusion, PHP, and ASP.
All applicants must have a dedicated IP address.
Please send your resume emphasizing the work that you have already completed, desired hourly rate, and anything that you feel will help you to stand out in the marketplace. Applications will not be accepted if your resume and desired hourly rate are not provided.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers