Posted:◀ prev ▲ next ▶
compensation: Based on Experience
Our company has experienced significant growth and we are seeking to expand our experienced staff in Charlottesville to meet increasing demand for our services.
Our company is seeking experienced woodworkers who have worked in a shop creating architectural millwork for high end residential homes and historic sites. Position responsibilities include:
• Create and organize cut lists for specific jobs in order to determine layouts, correct construction methods, materials, and parts.
• Perform woodworking tasks such as, but not limited to, milling/shaping lumber, panel processing, ripping, crosscutting, sanding, all equipment/machinery functions, case construction, laminating, solid wood work, door construction, veneer work, veneer matching, gluing, and pressing on both interior and exterior millwork.
• Use of assembly machinery; chain and chisel mortising, sliding table saw, frame clamp, table saw, chop saws and band saw after proper instruction has been established.
• Use of milling machinery; jointer, planer, resaw machine, shaper, tenoner and table saws.
• Creating fine traditional joinery and conventional joinery.
• Hardware installation and reassembly of finished products.
• Follow a project through to its completion, be responsible for the job's schedule and quality.
• Must be proficient at reading and working from architectural drawings and shop drawings accurately.
• Must be proficient creating classic joinery such as mortise and tenon, lock miter, dovetail and French miter as well as more conventional joinery such as using dowels, pocket screws and vacuum press bags.
• Understand curved work thoroughly including proper joinery.
• Have a complete and thorough understanding of shaper set-up and running both straight and radius components.
• Must own hand tools, router and drill.
• Must be physically qualified to lift and carry 75 pounds and perform assigned tasks that require lifting, bending, stooping, and kneeling.
• Must communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• All of the above generally gained through a High School diploma or G.E.D. plus a minimum of five years of combined carpentry and millwork experience preferably gained on work at high end residential homes and/or historic sites.
Compensation and Benefits
We offer a competitive compensation package commensurate with experience. Benefits include a complete medical and dental plan, 401k, incentive compensation and a generous paid time off program.
If interested, please reply with a resume or complete background that describes your skills and experience. Please note that this position is in Charlottesville, VA and requires relocation.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers